The Base boot is a new development in the Altberg range, developed based on feedback from local soldiers. The Base boot is an ankle height boot designed for uses ranging for barrack use, to light weight exercise & rapid deployment. The upper is made from first grade bovine suede with 1000 denier cordura inserts for increased breathability The sole is Vibram® Masai with a micro midlayer for shock absorption and cushioning, with a graded midsole to give a high level of torsional stability so that support is not compromised.
These boots are not waterproof.
Level 3 - Peak and Pennine hills and dales, lower Welsh, Lakeland and Scottish hills.
Base Boot - Features
Our experienced boot fitters will happily assist you to try on these boots.
- Leather : 1.6-1.8mm first grade bovine suede – western European sourced
- Lining : Cambrelle® breathable and more rapid drying – non waterproof
- Midsole : 3 season, multi-terrain support and flex
- Sole : Vibram® Masai and micro cushion midlayer
- Sizes : 6-14 (inc ½ sizes)
- Width : A-Forme last
- Weight : 1300gm (size 9 pair)
- Height : 15.2cms (size 9, including heel)
- Colour : Brown