The number one easy to use, safe, high performance wash in waterproofing for wet weather clothing. After using Nikwax Tech Wash regularly Nikwax TX Direct is then needed to restore the water repellency. TX Direct is easy to use, water based and environmentally friendly.
300 ml - £8.95 1 litre - £19.95 - UK postage included on all sizes
CARING FOR YOUR PÁRAMO WATERPROOF CLOTHING
The water-repellent treatment on which the garment relies is highly durable.However, excessive amounts of dirt will attract water, reducing the garment’s performance. It is important to wash the garment regularly with Nikwax Tech Wash. This will remove the soiling without damaging the water-repellent treatment, thereby revitalising the water-repellency.
As a rough guide, depending upon frequency and conditions of use, we advise washing every 4-8 weeks. When used in wet conditions, water should form droplets on the outer fabric. Rapid wetting of the outer fabric in rain is a sure sign that water- repellency is fading and washing is required. Reproofing of the garment with Nikwax TX.Direct should be carried out every 6—12 months, or when washing with Tech Wash fails to revitalise the water-repellency. Running water over a sleeve will assess this.
Páramo garments can be repaired very simply. Tears in the fabric can be sewn up or patched, provided that the stitch seam is restricted to one layer of the garment i.e. it does not pass through both outer and lining. The latter would lead to leakage.
Foothills offers this repair service in house.
To remove heavy soiling or stains, you may use detergent . This will not permanently damage the garment, but will remove the water-repellent treatment. After a detergent wash you re-wash the garment with Tech Wash and reproof with TX.Direct. The original water-repellency and “as new” performance will then be restored.
WASHING PÁRAMO GARMENTS USING NIKWAX Nikwax Tech Wash
1. Ensure the machine’s soap dispenser is free from the build up of detergent.
2. Fasten all zips and Velcro. Fasten one sleeve or ankle to the other.
3. Only one standard or two lightweight garments in a domestic sized washing machine.
4. Add 100 ml of Nikwax Tech Wash via the soap dispenser or ball. (In soft water areas use less).
5. Run the washing machine on the synthetics' cycle (40ºC).
6. Ideally tumble dry on a low heat setting for 60—90 minutes.
REPROOFING PÁRAMO GARMENTS USING TX Direct. WASH IN
1. Follow steps 1-5 above. Do not dry.
2. Add 100 ml (one garment) or 200 ml (two garments) of TX Direct. via a ball
3. Run the machine again on the synthetics' cycle (40ºC).
4. Ideally tumble dry on a low heat setting for 90 mins. This helps activate the TX Direct.
· Wash the back of your rucksack regularly otherwise cross contamination will occur
· Maintain zips occasionally with ‘Zip Lube’.